Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sister cant drink tap water, gives her a severe sore throat.

(7 Posts)
totaleclipse Sat 25-Aug-07 22:11:35

Yet she can make up squash etc with the tap water and is fine, but water alone gives her a very bad sore throat, just after 1/3 of a pint, any ideas why this is?

Skribble Sat 25-Aug-07 22:13:11

Perhaps the cholrine or other stuff used to purify it, normaly I can't taste anything but sometimes it is strong enough to taste. Is she Ok with bottled purer stuff.

totaleclipse Sat 25-Aug-07 22:14:48

She does'nt drink the bottles water much, have told her to give it a go, she has had this trouble for years though.

MyTwopenceworth Sat 25-Aug-07 22:17:53

I don't see how there can be a physical reason, if she can use tap water in squash. Anything that was an irritant would not be neutralised by Robinsons. I'm guessing psychological.

totaleclipse Sat 25-Aug-07 22:21:01

MyTwopwnceworth

I think the same, was just after some other viewssmile

totaleclipse Sat 25-Aug-07 22:21:50

Probably because mum could rarely afford squash when we were kids, it was a luxurygrin

Meglet Sun 26-Aug-07 21:11:45

I have just been put on a bonkers anti IBS diet by a perfectly sensible NHS dietician and I am not allowed to drink tap water as it can make some people ill. She says some areas can have higher amounts of clostridium which upsets sensitive stomachs. Maybe your sister is reacting to that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now