Muscle aches

(10 Posts)
Moodgie Tue 24-Dec-19 11:42:01

Dear ladies,

I have been suffering with some muscle pain, thighs, back, shoulders, arms plus sometimes a bit nauseous and dizzy, and generally tired.
I have had a lot of stress recently and I’m thinking this could be it - or maybe a virus?
Anyone had anything similar? It will be over a week now.
Muscles seem to be a bit better, but still a bit aches.

Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
katew355 Tue 24-Dec-19 11:45:42

May be worth getting some blood tests done if it carries on to see if there is anything underlying. I felt like that before I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid (still do sometimes ☹️)

Moodgie Tue 24-Dec-19 12:12:01

@katew355 Thank you - I have had a thyroid surgery years ago and have had the hormones tested rather regularly - so I don’t think that would be that.

Voila212 Tue 24-Dec-19 12:15:38

Could you be low in vitamin D? That would cause the muscle aches and tiredness. Maybe worth taking a supplement.

blackcat86 Tue 24-Dec-19 12:23:41

It sounds like you're suffering from stress (which you say you've been under a lot of) which would fit all those symptoms. It doesn't mean you dont also have a bug. I think I've been continually I'll since Sept when DD started nursery. It's worth asking for a blood test via your GP but please do tell them your under stress. The nurse at the practice has agreed for me to have a blood test but only when I'm not ill with a virus or infection.

Moodgie Tue 24-Dec-19 12:33:02

Thank you for all your replies. I have also stopped the pill a few weeks ago - and have suffered bad pelvic pain and backaches for about two weeks as well now. Could it all be hormones?

Moodgie Wed 25-Dec-19 20:55:52

Gentle bump. Anyone?

Advertisement

jalopy Wed 25-Dec-19 22:09:13

Try magnesium supplements.

Moodgie Thu 26-Dec-19 13:24:29

Thanks, @jalopy.
Has anyone felt similar?

littlebillie Thu 26-Dec-19 22:26:42

I had that this week shooting pains in odd areas of my body on Monday. It seemed to go in 24 hrs though

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in