Talk

Advanced search

Is it flu?

(11 Posts)
LilyPinkNoah Mon 23-Dec-19 10:43:15

Quite suddenly woke up yesterday with a niggly cough and pain in my chest.

No sore throat or runny nose.

As the day went on I got tired and shivery but I was ok.

This morning I woke up pretty exhausted - absolutely boiling hot - achy body - but I got out of bed went to the loo.

Painful cough when I cough - tiny bit of mucus and an underarm temp of 38.1. I feel like I don't want to do anything and my legs really ache and my back. Chest hurts when I cough and I feel shivery/hot.

Just concerned I might get worse and if I should see the GP - husband at work until 7pm - I'm supposed to be working tomorrow morning.

My body is so so sore. Any ideas? A bad virus?

OP’s posts: |
LilyPinkNoah Mon 23-Dec-19 10:45:35

Head hurts when I cough

LilyPinkNoah Mon 23-Dec-19 11:29:26

And I've just started my period!

LilyPinkNoah Mon 23-Dec-19 13:53:16

Temp 38.3 but has come down with paracetamol

girlofthenorth Mon 23-Dec-19 13:58:16

Ugh it's awful - I'm slowly coming out of it but it's taking a long time . I had virus/ chest inf. see GP of pain / chest getting worse . Took my dad this morning and they said they'd seen a steady flow of people with bad chesty coughs all day !
Drink plenty and rest . Don't go to work if you can manage not to you will only prolong it !

xtinak Mon 23-Dec-19 14:09:09

Could be just another nasty virus. There's so much going round. Or flu. I would say doctor would be in order if your temp goes above say 39.5 and can't be brought down by paracetamol or ibuprofen. That's my own rule for myself but not official medical advice btw! Call your GP if you are worried and a doctor can call you back and advise if you need seen. Or NHS24 if out of hours. They are very good in my experience.

LilyPinkNoah Mon 23-Dec-19 14:54:47

Thank you - exhausted - I actually have struggled to walk so no chance of work.

My MIL kindly brought food for the kids I keep dozing on the sofa - kids watching a lot of TV - keeping window open don't want them to get it.

I think it's a bad virus. Frustrating I literally never get colds.

LilyPinkNoah Fri 27-Dec-19 23:17:38

Temp went down by Xmas day but I couldn't do much - still exhausted - but doing stuff now - had to nap during the day today! I think a bad virus not flu.

screweduppotatoe Fri 27-Dec-19 23:26:16

I had flu last year and literally couldn't leave my bed, couldn't lift my head. It got very bad, very quickly. I think you may have a bad virus thats doing the rounds

screweduppotatoe Fri 27-Dec-19 23:27:37

I was unable to get up for 4 days and sit up on the fifth day

LilyPinkNoah Fri 27-Dec-19 23:30:07

Thanks @screweduppotatoe - that sounds horrible.

I couldn't do anything Mon/Tues.

My temp got as high as 38.5.

I think a bad virus too. I've had flu once (possibly twice before) it didn't feel dissimilar but I remember the flu in my 20s and I could not move for about 4 days - bar the loo I couldn't even eat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »