Talk

Advanced search

Post-flu malaise

(2 Posts)
Aozora13 Sun 22-Dec-19 14:16:41

I came down with what I’m assuming was flu 2 weeks ago today - went from fine to sudden banging head, rasping throat and fever and spent 2 days in bed shivering and gibbering. By day 5 I felt a bit better so dragged myself into work which was a mistake as I then spent the next 3 days mostly in bed again. Last week was complicated by my 3yo and 1yo getting sick too and had to juggle work (both DH & I work full time) and looking after them, including getting up at night with my youngest who is still breastfeeding.

Fast forward to now and I’m at the end of cope. I’m still achy and completely exhausted, I’m so irritable and miserable and my usually healthy appetite is nil. I have zero enthusiasm for Christmas and just want it crawl into a hole and die!

How do I shake this lousy virus before I spoil Christmas for everyone?

OP’s posts: |
girlofthenorth Sun 22-Dec-19 17:14:27

I'm 2 and a half weeks in, recovering now but literally if I do one thing I feel tired and have to rest ! Missing all social engagements , throughly peed off big time, as I love Christmas . DD1 got the Christmas shopping in for me today ,and I'm just looking at it thinking ....ugh.
I'm all over these threads, I'm becoming obsessed with it and when I'm going to start feeling better. My dad and DD1 have gone down with it and it's just a matter of time before the other two get it fsad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »