Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does part of you want more babies - even though the majority of your mind says 'no bloody way!' Is there still a niggly voice whispering 'go on...one more'

(54 Posts)
kitsandbits Fri 24-Aug-07 16:01:37

Is it mother nature you think? Your body just wanting to do what a woman does?

Even though you are exhausted, fed up and sometime wish you never had the other 2 in the first place ? lol (thats a joke btw_ wink

cylon Fri 24-Aug-07 16:02:46

yes, and you get over it by taking care of someone elses babies for an afternoon.
babies mother is eternally grateful to you. and you have fulfulled a very basic need for yourself, without getting yourself in the deep end again.

LazyLinePainterJane Fri 24-Aug-07 16:04:58

God yes. Then I see other babies and I think, "no thanks". Then when I have been away from said babies for an hour I think "hmmm maybe"

cue vicious circle...hmm

kitsandbits Fri 24-Aug-07 16:05:09

Yes, I do that with my nephew and the voice goes away for a day or two after!

Fimbo Fri 24-Aug-07 16:06:28

Yes, but thankfully dh has had the snip. grin. Funnily it's not really other babies that get me feeling broody its coach built prams (usually advertised on here!). Perhaps I could just buy one and stick a dolly in it. grin

kiskidee Fri 24-Aug-07 16:06:36

ha, ha. great title. i know what you mean. i think.

i only have one and think, she's just getting to the stage when i can say, 'you will get a bath first and then we will go downstairs' and possibly hear 'ok'.

beansontoast Fri 24-Aug-07 16:07:06

yes ..and dd is only three weeks old! (spent alot of the pregnancy saying 'not again...not ever!)

MegaLegs Fri 24-Aug-07 16:07:08

Oh yes.

expatinscotland Fri 24-Aug-07 16:08:01

Yes, but I attribute it to Mother Nature.

They don't stay babies, after all!

MamaG Fri 24-Aug-07 16:08:07

Yup. I'm going through that phase at the mo

<womb twangs>

madmommy6 Fri 24-Aug-07 16:09:26

Yes and i already have 6,the oldest coming upto 20yrs the youngest 2yrs.It makes me feel sad sometimes that i won't be having another.That is until i have been up half the night with one or the other of them.
But just one more ....hmm

geekgirl Fri 24-Aug-07 16:09:35

yes, yes, and like Fimbo's, my dh has also had the snip whch is v. good indeed, otherwise we'd end up with 10 hmm
it's also the 'gadgets' that do it for me blush (are you me, fimbo? grin), rather than other people's babies.

Thelittlesoldiersmummy Fri 24-Aug-07 16:11:40

Yes and am now 5 weeks with my second DC grin even though I said I would only ever have one!

cylon Fri 24-Aug-07 16:12:30

yes, but mad mommy, you should hopefully have some grandkids soon.
that will get rid of any broodiness.

kitsandbits Fri 24-Aug-07 16:14:17

Sad things get me excited about pregnancy like maternity notes, hospital bags, buying feeding bras and paper knickers hmm grin

saffymum Fri 24-Aug-07 16:14:25

I've got one DS and swore I would NEVER have another but I am so physically broody I think my body is just telling me its time. I'm even eyeing out the maternity wear with interest.....

MyTwopenceworth Fri 24-Aug-07 16:14:42

Yes. I want more babies. I physically ache for more babies. I even cry sometimes blush

But dh had the snip, so even if we resumed relations, it would be fruitless.

I don't know anyone with a little baby, so I can't even borrow one.

ooooooo baby smell dimply baby legs baby snuffles <stifled sob>

madmommy6 Fri 24-Aug-07 16:15:23

Grandkids hmm not so sure about that one.Ds 20yr said he isn't having any,and dd 16 has got her life mapped out till she she 25 and it doesn't include babies.lol.Perhaps i have put them off.

Dinosaur Fri 24-Aug-07 16:16:00

No grin. Wild horses wouldn't drag me back into that delivery suite [shudder].

I accept this makes me something of a freak.

madmommy6 Fri 24-Aug-07 16:17:32

Nobody said we wanted to go through labour, just that we want another baby.lol

JARM Fri 24-Aug-07 16:19:22

this is DEFFO the last, but DH is refusing the snip on the grounds that i will get broody and change my mind.... erm NO!

Ask me again in 6mnths!

cylon Fri 24-Aug-07 16:20:03

go volunteer with some charity that runs creches fr babies.
that will get rid of all baby broodiness.

Roseylea Fri 24-Aug-07 16:25:23

Oh yes - dh and I play this "Shall we or shan't we?" game every 2 - months. We always land on the 'no' square, though. Our 2 were prem so if we were to go ahead and have a third, SCBU etc would be likely if not definite.

I loved having both dc as babies and atm I'm missing the whole parent and toddler group scene (went back to work last yr) so I'd kind of like an excuse to go back and spend my mornings drinking coffee and chatting (adjusts rose-tinted specs! grin0)

kitsandbits Fri 24-Aug-07 16:33:48

Lol, we all ahve same answer up to now!

Dinosaur Fri 24-Aug-07 16:39:34

madmommy, the two are inextricably linked in my mind. Can't see a newborn without thinking "Ouch!".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now