Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

daily calorie intake for a 3 year old active toddler.... and amount of daily exercise...

(4 Posts)
americantrish Fri 24-Aug-07 15:29:12

i was thinking about this...thought i'd ask here before going on a google search...

does anyone know what an active toddler who's 3, daily caloric intake should be? my husband read somewhere that is should be in the 1300 range and that seems very high to me.

also, i was under the impression that a 3 year old needs 45minutes to an hour of active play daily... does this seem enough, too little, too much?

thanks!

Othersideofthechannel Fri 24-Aug-07 19:13:06

No idea, interesting question. Are you concerned he is over or undereating?

I just assumed they would eat what they needed at this age, depending on whether they were having a growth spurt or not.

Heathcliffscathy Fri 24-Aug-07 19:14:13

eat how much they want with as much running around as they want to do (which is normally loads ime).

saz360 Fri 24-Aug-07 19:41:45

hi

don't know about calorie intake, but with regards to exercise all depends on the weather today for example nice weather kids out in garden from 9 til 5.30 with short break for lunch.

i think they more they exercise the easier it is to get them to bed at night. even if weather is bad i'll try and get at least 2 hours outside.

i make sure they eat 5 portions at least of fruit and veg and mine probably drink about 1/2 -1 pint of milk a day. (semi skimmed).

hope this helps

saz

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now