Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

8 mo with one tooth: do I brush it?

(8 Posts)
macneil Fri 24-Aug-07 14:23:15

Honestly, I feel like a dick every time I ask a question because I feel like it's very obvious or very stupid. So the one tooth. But I have friends who had babies who had fillings! And she has formula last thing at night and that contains sugar, so would I brush it after the formula? What's a nice baby toothpaste without SLS? I am horribly allergic to SLS and use Rembrandt. But sensodyne also doesn't have SLS and I'm allergic to that too, so there are other foaming agents that irritate my throat, so they might do hers as well and I don't want to take a chance. Even Toms of Maine has SLS, I think. Or maybe it changed. Curse the foaming agents.

Sorry, main issue: brush or don't brush. The one tooth.

Kewcumber Fri 24-Aug-07 14:24:17

I didn't.

pipsqueeke Fri 24-Aug-07 14:24:39

I didn't. (althou am now struggaling at 18 months. )

Kewcumber Fri 24-Aug-07 14:25:11

and I think adult toothpasts ave too much fluoride in them. Check the ingredients of baby toothpastes - I think some of them may not have SLS in them

witchandchips Fri 24-Aug-07 14:26:17

just give dd brush to chew with a wee bit of baby toothpaste on it. Get her used to the feel of it in her mouth

Kewcumber Fri 24-Aug-07 14:26:19

fillings at that age must be more to do with diet than tooth brushing I think. Juice in bottles, sugar in diet etc.

Kewcumber Fri 24-Aug-07 14:27:12

I did what Witch suggests - gave DS a toothbrush to chew whilst I did mine. I strted with no toothpaste and now (18 months) put a smear on

macneil Fri 24-Aug-07 14:53:28

Oh, what a great idea! She loves to chew and stick stuff in her mouth, whereas she gets pretty ratty if I interfere with her in any obvious way. I have some baby snoopy toothbrushes I got cheap at Japanese store that I've been itching to use, so it's win-win fun for all. Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now