Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Painful coccyx 7 months after birth

(2 Posts)
JodieG1 Fri 24-Aug-07 11:51:34

I've had this pain from straight after birth but thought it was bruised, however, it's still quite painful all this time later. Hurts when I sit down and lean back slightly and I also still have pelvic girdle pain which I've had in all my pregnancies and continued inbetween. Hoped that would go after this birth.

I did see a physio about that in early pregnancy who said my bones were loose in pelvis but couldn't carry on going as my waters broke early and I was on bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy.

Any ideas what the coccyx pain could be?

Jackaroo Fri 24-Aug-07 13:18:38

Sounds like coccidynia (sp wrong though) which has been on here before quite recently. I had it and ironically the only thing that fixed it was pregnancy.

You should definitely get re-referred to the physio.. although I got a lot of relief seeing an osteopath, but it's expensive, and I've come to the conclusion that they don't really achieve anything more.

hth

J

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: