Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Painful coccyx 7 months after birth

(2 Posts)
JodieG1 Fri 24-Aug-07 11:51:34

I've had this pain from straight after birth but thought it was bruised, however, it's still quite painful all this time later. Hurts when I sit down and lean back slightly and I also still have pelvic girdle pain which I've had in all my pregnancies and continued inbetween. Hoped that would go after this birth.

I did see a physio about that in early pregnancy who said my bones were loose in pelvis but couldn't carry on going as my waters broke early and I was on bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy.

Any ideas what the coccyx pain could be?

Jackaroo Fri 24-Aug-07 13:18:38

Sounds like coccidynia (sp wrong though) which has been on here before quite recently. I had it and ironically the only thing that fixed it was pregnancy.

You should definitely get re-referred to the physio.. although I got a lot of relief seeing an osteopath, but it's expensive, and I've come to the conclusion that they don't really achieve anything more.

hth

J

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now