Any radiologists/doctors about?

(5 Posts)
SamsMumsCateracts Mon 16-Dec-19 16:18:30

I had a spinal X-ray today which is all fine bar a stress fracture which is being looked at by mri in the next few weeks. What I'm curious about though are the two round black areas under my ribs on the left side, what are they? I had been drinking water, is it water in my stomach? If so, what is the white band between the spots? Any ideas please?

OP’s posts: |
SamsMumsCateracts Mon 16-Dec-19 20:50:41


OP’s posts: |
pbdr Mon 16-Dec-19 21:09:03

Those are gas bubbles in your stomach. Gas is black on XRay, hence the colour of the lung fields.

chester18 Tue 17-Dec-19 22:28:56


SamsMumsCateracts Wed 18-Dec-19 17:56:05

Thank you both. In all the hundreds of X-rays I've had over the years I'd never seen it before, must have been the Pepsi I drank on the way to the hospital!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in