Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Any Nail experts out there ?

(8 Posts)
Whizzz Fri 24-Aug-07 08:50:15

mnot really health but wondered if any manicure professionals could help me out ! My nails are usually pretty good but I have managed to split both thumbnails (making jewellery!) vertically. I've cut both very short inthe hope that the splits will grow out but they haven't as yet & keep catching them on things, so making it as bad again. Is there anything I could use to protect them whilst they grow (apart from false nails as I hate the idea of those !)

SlightlyMadStar Fri 24-Aug-07 08:51:01

NO

SlightlyMadStar Fri 24-Aug-07 08:51:17

(as in no nail experts here)

Whizzz Fri 24-Aug-07 08:55:21

LOL - thanks for the reply

Whizzz Fri 24-Aug-07 08:55:53

I didn't mean to post 2 threads by the way ! OOps

SlightlyMadStar Fri 24-Aug-07 09:23:30

I know I just saw both threads and couldn't help myself

preggersagain Fri 24-Aug-07 10:00:42

go to a salon and ask them to out an overlay (gel/acrylic) over just those two nails, then when they are better you can soak the overlay off in acetone.
hth

Whizzz Fri 24-Aug-07 13:34:08

Thanks - I have never been one for manicures! My other nails are all lovely - just these two tatty thumbs grinblush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: