Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Very Sore Eyes - Maybe a beautician can help??

(8 Posts)
ChorusLine Thu 23-Aug-07 21:45:51

Can anyone advise me please. I had my eyelashes dyed yesterday and everything seemed fine, I woke up this morning and they were watery but thought nothing of it. Gradually got really itchy throughout the day - so took antihestimines (sp). Just looked in the mirror and I know look very scary. The whites of my eyes are all red and also around my eyes are purple but underneath have really puffed out almost like I have been punched!

I realise its a reaction to my eyelash tint but what can i do to help ease this - i can hardly open them and feels easier to keep them closed.....its bleeding killing me......

GreebosWhiskers Thu 23-Aug-07 21:59:37

Sounds like the best thing might be calling nhs24. The reaction might need some stronger medication than you've taken so far & if you can hardly open your eyes that's not good.

Did you do your lashed yourself or at a salon? I think a salon should have done a sensitivity test 24 hours before you had them done.

Hope you get it sorted x

ChorusLine Thu 23-Aug-07 22:04:08

Thanks for responding GW 0 onto them at the moment as its getting worse. Thanks x

GreebosWhiskers Thu 23-Aug-07 22:56:42

Let me know how you get on - fingers crossed x

thegirlwithnoname Fri 24-Aug-07 00:16:19

go to the hospital please.

ChorusLine Fri 24-Aug-07 20:15:45

Thanks both of you for replying - couldn't hardly open my eyes this morning and still sore. I would have gone to a and e last night but a single parent and DS in bed. I went to Boots and they gave me some drops and said it was good that I had started the antihistimenes (sp) as soon as I did - they look a lot better than last night. Was scared for a few hours tho......

morningpaper Fri 24-Aug-07 20:16:17

YIKES glad you are improving

poor you!!

GreebosWhiskers Sat 25-Aug-07 13:57:18

Sounds awful - glad things are getting better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now