Talk

Advanced search

Mitral valve prolapse

(6 Posts)
Saraibrahim Fri 13-Dec-19 15:21:26

Hello
Sorry for my poor English 😁
I have mitral valve prolapse my heart sometimes beat fast and sometimes beats not normal at alllll for like 20 seconds i feel like dying everytime. i visit the doctor he say everything is ok with u u have healthy heart its just panic attack and anxiety
I hate my life 😭😭 i cant enjoy anything i just waiting when my heart will beat not normal again
I am afraid of everything i want to fly to visit my family but i am afraid from my heart
Any advice for me😢😢

OP’s posts: |
Oldmum55 Sun 15-Dec-19 13:12:55

Sara have you told your doctor about your worries? If his words are not enough you might be suffering from anxiety. You could have help with this maybe talking to a counsellor. You could also ask whether it would be OK for you to travel by plane. flowers

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sun 15-Dec-19 18:01:46

Palpatations are common with MVP according to my cardiologist, they can prescribe betablockers for it, i take Atenolol
When did you last have an ECHO?

Saraibrahim Sun 15-Dec-19 20:06:44

Doctor said everything is ok with ur heart and he said stop thinking about it but problem i feel afraid when my heart start beat like this😭😭😭

Saraibrahim Sun 15-Dec-19 20:21:33

For one week now m taking inderal
My last echo was in February
mild mitral valve prolapse

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sun 15-Dec-19 20:42:40

So that is a beta blocker, anxiety will be making the palpitations worse, i have had them for over 30 years so know how awful they can feel.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »