Talk

Advanced search

Toothache

(2 Posts)
Shopkinsdoll Fri 13-Dec-19 08:16:17

Just wondering if there were any dentists here. I have two abscess in my mouth. The dentist says she cannot remove the tooth till the infection has cleared up. Two weeks ago she gave me penicillin plus paracetamol and ibuprofen, not helping one bit. Visited on Monday there she gave me Metronidazole and told me they would clear the infection up right away. Have they hell. I’m still in agony. I haven’t slept properly for 3 nights. I’m ready to chop my head off. I feel like I’m a nuisance phoning the dentist again today.

OP’s posts: |
BlueCornsihPixie Fri 13-Dec-19 12:42:45

Your dentist needs to drain the abscesses. Depending on the size a lot of the swelling, you can still take out teeth with abscesses. Sometimes it is difficult to numb the tooth fully if there is an abscess.

Antibiotics alone don't work particularly well on abscesses as there's no blood supply.

You need to go back to the dentist, and they need to treat your abscesses properly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »