Talk

Advanced search

Doctor with suspected broken big toe?

(8 Posts)
Chester1980 Wed 11-Dec-19 21:12:12

I stubbed my toe yesterday, and it made a crunching noise when I did it. I’ve attached a photo showing how it looks now. I read online that you can deal with broken toes at home, but not a broken big toe. Any suggestions?

OP’s posts: |
Stupiddriver1 Wed 11-Dec-19 21:13:59

Get it xrayed. I broke my big toe years ago and hospital said I was right to get it xrayed. If a big toe is fractured near the joint it can cause problems if it doesn’t set right or something.

Stupiddriver1 Wed 11-Dec-19 21:15:02

Don’t go to GP, you need minor injuries if you have one...or a&e if you don’t. Somewhere with X-ray facilities.

Chester1980 Wed 11-Dec-19 21:24:35

Thanks @stupiddriver1, I just googled it and there is a minor injuries department nearish, so I’ll head there tomorrow. It’s a bit sore, but doesn’t hurt too much. Looks worse than it feels!

Flossie44 Wed 11-Dec-19 21:33:41

My dd broke her toe and it looked exactly like this.

Good luck tomorrow

Chester1980 Wed 11-Dec-19 22:07:04

@flossie44 did your dd need to have it splintered up or anything? I’ve got a toddler to run around after and I’m really hoping it doesn’t slow me down much!!

Lougle Wed 11-Dec-19 22:13:16

Get it x-rayed. DD3 broke her little toe on Friday and although they don't normally bother with little toes, hers was at an odd angle so she had to have it realigned. I'm surprised your bruise has aged so much since yesterday. DD3's is still blue, but I suppose her foot is smaller so there's not as much space for the blood to disperse.

Flossie44 Wed 11-Dec-19 22:17:11

Yes dd had it buddy strapped to the next toe. It didn’t seem to stop her doing much though.
Good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »