Talk

Advanced search

Ear infection agony

(4 Posts)
WhyIsItSoCold19 Tue 10-Dec-19 22:00:39

Hi. I'm so desperate right now. I have an ear infection and it's so sore. I was given anti biotics today as it is an infection but apparently they won't give me relief for a day or so. I'm taking two paracetamol and two nurofen every 4 hours and still getting hardly any relief. I never slept at all last night and I'm already panicking that I won't sleep tonight as I can't get any relief. I've done the hot water bottle/cold compress thing all day and tonight and it doesn't give me much relief.

I swear having my son was less sore and as uncomfortable as this. DH is trying to get DS to sleep (he's being a pain in the bum) and I just feel so alone and in agony. I really wish I had pushed to get something strong from the doctor to get some relief

OP’s posts: |
ParsleyPot Tue 10-Dec-19 22:29:48

You poor thing. Hope you start to feel better soon. fsmile

WhyIsItSoCold19 Wed 11-Dec-19 03:14:43

Thank you @ParsleyPot. As predicted, I've been awake all night. I'm using one of my sons jelly pouches as a cold compress and it's giving me a little bit of relief!

OP’s posts: |
girlofthenorth Wed 11-Dec-19 20:40:50

Poor you , have the antibiotics kicked in yet ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »