Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

(when) should I dig out the Calpol?

(2 Posts)
Spink Thu 23-Aug-07 12:15:03

ds is 6 months and has his first cold. Very sniffly and coughy. He's taking his milk (bf) ok, but refusing solids (started weaning last week). Has a temp of 37.5 deg C.
Just wondering if i should be giving him Calpol/if there is anything else I can do to help him feel better? I'm not partic worried as I know he's just a little poorly, just want to check if there is something I could be doing for him..

HenriettaHippo Thu 23-Aug-07 12:19:43

Offer him water as well as milk. Might be worth putting a drop or 2 of Baby Olbas oil on a bib and tying it to his cot, to help clear his nose. I use Medised as well, rather than calpol, esp at bed time to "aid restful sleep" - it has paracetamol and a decongestant to help breathing clearly. Otherwise if he's not distressed, he'll just get better on his own (and then you'll get it!!)

Refusing solids perfectly normal with a heavy cold. Poor thing.

I often find a cold accompanies a tooth...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: