Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

(when) should I dig out the Calpol?

(2 Posts)
Spink Thu 23-Aug-07 12:15:03

ds is 6 months and has his first cold. Very sniffly and coughy. He's taking his milk (bf) ok, but refusing solids (started weaning last week). Has a temp of 37.5 deg C.
Just wondering if i should be giving him Calpol/if there is anything else I can do to help him feel better? I'm not partic worried as I know he's just a little poorly, just want to check if there is something I could be doing for him..

HenriettaHippo Thu 23-Aug-07 12:19:43

Offer him water as well as milk. Might be worth putting a drop or 2 of Baby Olbas oil on a bib and tying it to his cot, to help clear his nose. I use Medised as well, rather than calpol, esp at bed time to "aid restful sleep" - it has paracetamol and a decongestant to help breathing clearly. Otherwise if he's not distressed, he'll just get better on his own (and then you'll get it!!)

Refusing solids perfectly normal with a heavy cold. Poor thing.

I often find a cold accompanies a tooth...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now