Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Had a sigmoidoscopy which got me nowhere so now I have my own semi diagnosis..

(10 Posts)
newlifenewname Wed 22-Aug-07 21:09:01

I get strange arse symptoms including blood and mucous and constant trips to the toilet and had a sigmoidoscopy in order to rule out bowel cancer or anything else sinister. Only thing they found was an enlarged vein high up in my colon.

So, I don't know what the problem is but having monitored my eating a bit I have discovered that I do not have problems so long as I don't eat more than one slice of bread a day and avoid all vegetables. Can get away with an avocado or salad but not for more than a day.

This isn't healthy but what can I do?

MatNanPlus Wed 22-Aug-07 21:41:37

strange question but have you tried pureeing the veg and adding to sauces/stews as maybe the fiber isn't being broken down enough?

I have issues due to long term pain meds and i know how frustrating it can be.

orangehead Thu 23-Aug-07 00:31:52

try allgery tests. I had very similar symptoms and camera showed nothing. I had test done at local health food shop, milk came up and now im fine if i dont have milk

Califrau Thu 23-Aug-07 00:37:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

twentypence Thu 23-Aug-07 01:34:28

What about having a loperamide tablet, but continuing to eat veggies?

I don't eat gluten at all, and found that since I stopped other things which I had thought I couldn't eat like milk products and alcohol are actually fine now in moderation.

I would advise cutting out wheat completely (as there are plenty of other whole grains to have) and seeing if the veggie things sorts itself out.

newlifenewname Thu 23-Aug-07 10:39:20

Very interesting suggestions here. Thank you.

Califrau, that sounds rather like my situaton, I think an allergy test is the way to go next as it may not even be the vegetables iyswim - could be the form I eat them in or something else...

I use goat's milk and tbh it could be changing to that has helped as much as the sticking to protein and limited carbs.

MatNanPlus Thu 23-Aug-07 16:25:49

Califrau have you tried 'Buscopan' it can slow things down but doesn't stop it working.

Califrau Thu 23-Aug-07 21:47:52

Califrau Thu 23-Aug-07 21:49:57

MatNanPlus Fri 24-Aug-07 12:17:45

Pleasure Califrau, tho they can be bought over the counter if they work i would ask gp to Rx 4 months supply as much cheaper for you, i got mine online as cheaper than uk before gp said he would be happy to issue grr had just bought 12 month supply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now