Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS having first MMR jab tomorrow - am worried about possible reactions!

(3 Posts)
joesmama Wed 22-Aug-07 19:28:05

Hi,

DS is having first MMR jab tomorrow. Am really nervous about it but have basically been told by GP that it would be more of a worry if he caught measles, mumps or rubella. He hasn't really had any reactions to any other jabs but just wondered if anyone else's LO had immediate reactions just so I know not to panic if he has similar!

Tiggerish Wed 22-Aug-07 19:32:21

Both of mine were fine.

I totally agree with your GP btw - there are risks to doing and not doing things. It's all a question of balance. Like you I was a bit anxious but knew it was the most sensible thing to do.

Hope he sails through

CoteDAzur Wed 22-Aug-07 19:48:32

And I had measles, mumps, and rubella as a child. They weren't so bad and I was fine.

I don't understand doctors' claiming such horror stories on these childhood diseases that everyone over the age of 30 got at some point. Our mothers used to send us to play with children they knew had these diseases, so we would catch them early.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now