Talk

Advanced search

What other painkillers could I take?

(2 Posts)
Flythedragons Thu 05-Dec-19 21:48:10

I posted before shortly after I had a hip replacement about 10 weeks ago. That has been a complete success and has transformed my life.

I knew that I had arthritis in my other hip, but I wasn’t getting much pain on that side until about 2 weeks ago. This week the pain in that hip has been almost unbearable. I haven’t been able to sleep, walk much or drive. I’m in constant pain. It needs replacing, but until I have the operation I have to cope with the pain. I’m taking paracetamol, ibuprofen and codeine. I’m also using a tens machine. But I’m still in awful pain a lot of the time. If I manage to speak to my doctor tomorrow would he be able to prescribe me anything else? I don’t tolerate tramadol very well.

The pain on this side is worse than it was on the other side and has come on so suddenly. My children are finding it hard to see me struggling. I normally manage to stay positive, but this pain is hard to cope with.

Thank you in advance.

OP’s posts: |
Flythedragons Fri 06-Dec-19 18:12:45

The doctor has prescribed me tramadol and more codeine. Today I took codeine, tramadol, amitriptyline. Paracetamol and ibuprofen, but I was still in a lot of pain. Are there any other painkillers that the doctor could prescribe me does anyone know???

Thank you

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »