Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fibroid op

(3 Posts)
dazedandconfunded Wed 22-Aug-07 11:18:40

I need to have a fibroid taken out and a D&C. I've put it off for a long time to try to get b/f so well established that my supply won't be affected, and dd will be able to manage on water and solids even if she refuses a bottle during the day - I should be in hospital between 7am and 7pm.

Has anyone any experience of this? Am I kiddign myself that I'd be up to b/f when i get out and in the night??

PestoMonster Wed 22-Aug-07 11:29:42

I haven't had the fibroid op, but I did have a IRPC (similar to D & C) when still bf dd1. I managed to feed her before I was taken down to theatre and then again at about 3.00pm when dh brought her as I was recovering from anaesthetic.
Maybe you could find out where on the operating list you would be and also likely time to come out again.

(I have to add, that not only did dh kindly bring her in for the afternoon feed, but she also had an appalling nappyful, which I had to deal with post-op. Cheers DH!!

Good luck, hope you manage to get yourself sorted.

dazedandconfunded Wed 22-Aug-07 15:01:09

Thanks - it does sound doable then (apart from the nappy!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now