Talk

Advanced search

Pompholyx/dyshidrotic eczema

(3 Posts)
DeanImpala67 Mon 02-Dec-19 17:28:26

Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience of this? I have been recently diagnosed and the itching is driving me mad. I was prescribed mometazon furoate to treat it with for 2 weeks and it was clearing up but seems to have flared up again and is so painful/itchy and I only have 2 more days of steroid cream use then I'm over the 2 week prescribed period. Any ideas or advice to help cope with the symptoms would be greatly appreciated! I will be contacting my gp at the end of the 2 week period if it's no better but any tips in the meantime to cope with the itching would be so helpful.

OP’s posts: |
GoldfishGirl Mon 02-Dec-19 17:51:28

Mine is kind of radical. I went low histamine, low dairy and low gluten.

Also keeping it very well moisturised, as it was a cycle of itchy - dry itchy. I used Hydromol Intensive (10% urea) every fifteen minutes. Body Shop Hemp cream is also good.

I gave up on steroid creams as they thinned the skin and seemed to make it worse long-run.

The skin is still healing but no more itchy or major flare ups.

DeanImpala67 Mon 02-Dec-19 19:36:14

Thanks @GoldfishGirl I have isomol to moisturise with, I had wondered about diet and excluding things to see if that helped, may go low dairy and gluten to see if that helps. I have the body shop hemp cream so will carry that about and use frequently. It's a menace and so itchy! I would cheerfully try anything!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »