Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bloody nurse has butchered my arm!

(12 Posts)
Charlee Wed 22-Aug-07 08:20:25

I had a blood test done yesterday and although it didn't hurt, this morning it bloomin does it has come up in a huge black lump and i have a black vain pattern running up most my arm. Its really bruised and sore.

I have had many a blood test in my life and none have come up like this, usually you can't even see where it was done.

<Charlle looks round hopefully for hugs and sympathy>

BadKitten Wed 22-Aug-07 08:26:32

Blimey!
You know...... I don't expect you can possibly do housework and the suchlike with an arm like that

It does sound weird though - I've had bruising but nothing that sounds like that.

Charlee Wed 22-Aug-07 08:30:05

It looks like a really badfly done tattoo. I feel dp should come home from work while i take to my bed in this time of sickness!

BandofMothers Wed 22-Aug-07 08:30:14

hmm, a student midwife gave me a huge egg in the arm taking bloods
My MW said it was ok as long as it went down after a day or so.

If not give them a call.
I would give them a ring about the black vein tho as that sounds a bit dodgy.

Oh and HUGS and SYMPATHY

belgo Wed 22-Aug-07 08:32:23

is it red/hot/swollen? that could be a sign of infection.

Charlee Wed 22-Aug-07 08:32:51

Woo hoo! i got hugs and sympathy!

She was having a great deal of trouble finding my veins in the first place then she just kind of took a stab and managed to get one, i had loads of blood taken loads of thoses little bottles full. She wasn't even a studen a fully fledged nurse!

She was very nice and chatty though.

Charlee Wed 22-Aug-07 08:33:39

No it's not hot just feels really bruised and its lumpy so i assume possibly swollen i will call them.................

BandofMothers Wed 22-Aug-07 08:34:00

Hmm the student stuck it right thru my vein, then had to pull it back. Bloody painful.

My sister always had trouble with bloods as her veins like to hide.

Baffy Wed 22-Aug-07 08:37:04

I had a student mw do this to me - bloody horrible isn't it

Good thing was that I was so traumatised and made such a fuss (I'm very bad with blood and needles at the best of times!) that they put it down in my notes, and I got the best mw's and nurses from then on... and not even a bruise!

{{{{hugs}}}} anyway

and you can't possibly do anything today other than put your feet up, get magazines, tv remote, lots of chocolate... and get yourself better!

harleyd Wed 22-Aug-07 08:39:49

its really sore . i had a damn doctor once who kept missing the vein, but kept the needle in my arm and was kind of 'scratching' it round the inside of me arm. it was agony, i passed out and dh went bezerk. nearly my whole arm bruised. 2 days later when my waters needed broken the same doctor came to do the job - i locked myself in the toilet and refused to come out till a new doc came. hugs to you

Charlee Wed 22-Aug-07 08:40:20

Lol that sounds like a fab idea although i don't think my two babies will agree!

I called them they said give it a day and see what happened ad to go back if it gets any worse Helpfull!

BandofMothers Wed 22-Aug-07 08:42:04

Thats what they told me, it went away. Don't fret.
My sis bruises a lot too. On e little needle and her arm is black for a week or two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now