Talk

Advanced search

Persistent cough

(4 Posts)
Cremebrule Sun 01-Dec-19 09:45:14

At what point do you start to worry about persistent coughs in pre-schoolers? Mine has had one for at least 12 weeks now (mainly at night or first thing) and it doesn’t seem to be going away. We took her to the GP after about 8-10 weeks and he said her chest sounded clear but it still hasn’t shifted. We’re trying to make a conscious effort to see if it happens when she is exercising as well as I’m starting to wonder about asthma.

Is it just one of those things or would you go back if it still hasn’t shifted?

OP’s posts: |
Gavlaaaaaaa Sun 01-Dec-19 18:20:56

Following as I am going through something similar with my pre-schooler. It’s worrying, isn’t it?

Cremebrule Sun 01-Dec-19 18:50:21

Gavlaaaaaaa When I first went to the GP he said it can be common for them to keep getting coughs but this just feels like a permanent fixture at the moment. How long has your little one had it?

OP’s posts: |
Gavlaaaaaaa Mon 02-Dec-19 02:38:46

I would say probably about 8 weeks. Sometimes it sounds like she’s clearing her throat (but it looks like it’s a big effort ) and sometimes it sounds like a typical cough. Planning on taking her to the docs in the next couple of weeks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »