Advanced search

Red patch, little flakes... any ideas please??

(11 Posts)
OhMyGiddyAunty Fri 29-Nov-19 14:31:25

Hi there,

I have a little patch of skin under my eye that has been annoying me for a month or two, and I have no idea what it is or what to do about it.

It's the size of a 5p, sometimes looks a bit red but not always noticeable, the skin around seems to be dry and I get some tiny flakes when I wash my face. I've been using e45 and it stings when it goes on, so it's obviously a bit raw...

Google only seems to throw up itchy things, which it isn't at all. Does anyone have any ideas? It is barely visible and I don't want to take up a gp appointment unless necessary.

Any thoughts would be immensely appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
Tableclothing Fri 29-Nov-19 14:34:18


iklboo Fri 29-Nov-19 14:39:15

Maybe ask a pharmacist for an opinion if you need to see a GP? Ours are really helpful.

OhMyGiddyAunty Fri 29-Nov-19 14:49:41

It's barely visible most of the time, whereas psoriasis is pretty apparent isn't it? I've never had anything like it before... thanks @Tableclothing, will investigate.

@iklboo pharmacist is a good shout, it's just so barely there it feels like I'm making a hoo-ha about nothing. I guess they're probably the best bet though...

OP’s posts: |
myrtleWilson Fri 29-Nov-19 21:45:19

my psoriasis makes my scalp itchy but I never feel it as itchy anywhere else on my body... so my guess would be for psoriasis too. I know it is an autoimmune disease and there will be triggers for individuals (if it does turn out to be psoriasis) - for me I tend to have scalp psoriasis most of the time but it only ventures onto my face when I'm stressed or anxious (have no idea how that works to be honest!) - have you felt more stressed or anxious at all? How is your scalp?

GlamGiraffe Sat 30-Nov-19 02:57:49

Blapheritis. Red with flakes like micro cornflakes is the only way I can describe it any where around eyelids. Gets sore of you wash it or rub it. Any chance of a close picture?

GlamGiraffe Sat 30-Nov-19 02:59:33

If it is theres a product called blaphaclens from opticians. A photo would be ver hepful

GlamGiraffe Sat 30-Nov-19 03:05:56

Anything like 1st photo?

OhMyGiddyAunty Sat 30-Nov-19 08:02:30

@GlamGiraffe thanks for the info, it's definitely a possibility, although mine is under the eye (where bags are) rather than touching my eyelashes. Do you think that's still a possibility?

If so, is it the gp or optician for me?

Thanks so much!

OP’s posts: |
OhMyGiddyAunty Sat 30-Nov-19 08:13:57

Never mind, just found it on the nhs website. I reckon is it that, it all sounds very familiar, so I'll crack on with their suggestions. Thanks so much!

OP’s posts: |
GlamGiraffe Sat 30-Nov-19 15:29:40

Optician put on hot compresses. Leave for a while (as long as poss) and massage towards the lash line with cotton buds, you should got little 'worms' come put and oil or even a white pus like substance. You need to repeat all the time. Hope it's ok. Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »