Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should DD1 get an MMR jab before she starts school?

(5 Posts)
FuriousGeorge Tue 21-Aug-07 20:00:58

I thought that all chldren were offered a 2nd MMR jab before they started Primary School?

We've heard nothing about it yet & DD1 is 4 on Wednesday next week & starts school the next day.Should I ring the Health Centre or just wait for them to get in touch?

Thanks for any advice.

MaureenMLove Wed 22-Aug-07 13:43:57

I'd phone the Heath Centre if I were you. They are supposed to get the MMR and the other pre-school boosters I think.

haychee Wed 22-Aug-07 13:50:15

Yes you definitely need a "pre-school booster" theyve probobly forgotton you. My dd2 has just had hers - brave little darling didnt cry at all!

FuriousGeorge Wed 22-Aug-07 20:28:06

Thankyou both.I'll ring the Health Centre 1st thing tomorrow.

I hope my dd is as brave as yours haychee.I feel worse about jabs now she is older than I did years ago.

octoandflash Wed 22-Aug-07 20:32:00

They tend to do it just after they turn 4 so I would imagine they would write to you very soon. We are inly given a weeks notice here. Ring them anyway - we really worried about ds2 having his as he is a tad feisty - so dh took the morning off and we all went and ds3 had his first jabs at the same time - ds2 didn't blink and ds3 screamed for an hour!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now