Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Periods

(11 Posts)
Lyndag Tue 21-Aug-07 19:18:38

How soon after you gave birth and stopped breastfeeding/expressing did you get your period?

I had my dd in early June, and stopped expressing (couldn't establish bf) at 6 weeks but still no period she is now 10 weeks old!

I just wanna know when its gonna happen iykwim?

scorpio1 Tue 21-Aug-07 19:19:30

i got one at six weeks but didnt BF.

i think you will have one in a few weeks time, your body is getting back in the rythym.

Lyndag Tue 21-Aug-07 19:22:17

Thanks Scorpio just want to know where I am with it!

meandmy Tue 21-Aug-07 19:34:22

i got one 4weeks bf and again 4weeks after, but i still got periods whilst i had the implannon in everyone is different!

hermykne Tue 21-Aug-07 19:35:02

i breastfed and it was over 6months maybe even 8.

Lyndag Sun 02-Sep-07 18:30:03

DD is now 12 weeks old and I stopped BF at 6 weeks still no period hmm

burstingbug Sun 02-Sep-07 18:38:10

I had my first af about 5 months after DS1, stopped bf him at 15 weeks
It was only a few months before they returned after DS2's birth. The annoying thing is I'm still bf at 55 weeks! AF is departing tomorrow thank god

Rantmum Sun 02-Sep-07 18:40:44

I bfed til ds was 9 mths, but got my period back when he was 4 mths. It is untrue that bfing means you don't start menstruating until you stop bfing - some women don't, some women do and if they do it can happen at different times for different women.

Likewise -if you are no longer bfing, but I would think that you ought to get your period back in the next month or two.

If it takes much longer than that it might be worth seeing your gp just to make sure everything is ok (and that you are not pg again! grin)

Lyndag Sun 02-Sep-07 18:48:01

Defo not pregnant again grin been to careful!

Yeah I figured that I would give it another 2 weeks then its been 8 weeks since stopped bf so should have had time to return! I just want it so i know where i am iykwim?

SkittlesAreFruitGroup Mon 03-Sep-07 05:50:23

Stopped BF DS @ 11mths, got period back 4 months after that - 2 YEARS with no period - rock on I say.
Hoping to emulate that feat with DD (6 mths).

Lyndag Mon 03-Sep-07 12:56:33

at least i'm not the only only one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now