Talk

Advanced search

Psoriasis diet

(5 Posts)
Pizical Tue 26-Nov-19 10:11:01

Hi, I have noticed some pitting in my 7 year olds nails. And I am feeling really sad that this is a highly likely indicator for psoriasis. We have a relative with psoriasis and the nails also seem to be separating slightly. There aren’t any signs of skin psoriasis but I assume it’s likely to appear at some point or perhaps arthritis. I was thinking perhaps at this stage I could try and do my best with diet to see if that can help at all. I researched gluten and there seems to be a link has anyone tried this? Or any other diet strategies that have been effective? Thanks in advance

OP’s posts: |
MerryInthechelseahotel Tue 26-Nov-19 10:39:29

My daughter has scalp psoriasis and she at the moment is dairy free but it's not really making any difference. She has tried being gluten-free also but no difference. Her consultant at the hospital was very unhelpful but did say diet won't make any difference at all however my sister reckons she can really calm my nephew's psoriasis by keeping him of dairy, gluten, meat, alcohol and cigs. He is in his 20's though. Sleep (lack of) also affects his skin but all this is probably no help to you.

Pizical Tue 26-Nov-19 10:41:45

Thank you for your reply

Pizical Tue 26-Nov-19 10:44:20

I realise the official line from the doctors is that diet changes are unlikely to help but I believe anecdotally many people have found changes so it is interesting to hear others experiences

Glitterb Tue 26-Nov-19 13:00:24

Diet never improves my psoriasis sadly, mine is completely stress based. It would probably be a good idea to see a GP if you are concerned though

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »