Talk

Advanced search

IBS help or advice please.

(6 Posts)
Boredwithitnow Mon 25-Nov-19 13:00:58

Hello name change for this althou I don't think anyone would know me but it's a bit embarrassing... I'm in the midst of GP diagnosing me with IBS. Probably because nothing else can be identified. Haven't had any tests just examined at the doctors. My question is if anyone has IBS do you get pain in the right side of your lower abdomen or pelvic area? I get this every morning on waking. Sometimes it continues through the day. I can only explain it as being like a heaviness in that area. GP says it's spasms but I'm not convinced. Any advice welcomed.

OP’s posts: |
Boredwithitnow Mon 25-Nov-19 13:07:11

Just bumping as I'm worried about this although GP has said I haven't anything serious.

Montybojangles Mon 25-Nov-19 13:44:55

That’s where I get my pain when my crohns is flaring.
What other symptoms do you have?
IBS is meant to be a diagnosis only after they have ruled out any other conditions that might cause your symptoms. Have they sent a stool sample for a calprotectin test at the very least?

Boredwithitnow Mon 25-Nov-19 13:48:43

Thank you for replying! No all they have is ultrasound for fibroids but nothing found. My symptoms are constipation and wind!

Boredwithitnow Mon 25-Nov-19 13:50:18

Not meaning to drop feed but since I stopped having dairy it's helped.

Boredwithitnow Mon 25-Nov-19 13:57:44

I'll ask for a stool sample to be tested next. Currently taking buscopan. Was helping for a while but pain back todaysad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »