Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do you put your baby in a grobag at night or blankets because.....

(7 Posts)
SexyChick Tue 21-Aug-07 10:28:22

.....my DS who is 2 tommorrow wakes up every night without his blanket on him. Has anyone noticed it's been rather chilly all week at night. I have put the heating on too.

I think it might not be cold enough for a grobag plus he has really bad eczema and the Dermotologist said to keep him cool at night, so I don't think it will be a good idea to use it.

Any advice?

sfxmum Tue 21-Aug-07 10:33:25

i don't have specific advice for the condition, but dd 2, always sleeps in grobags of different tog according to season and as a rule we keep the room quite cool.

Ripeberry Tue 21-Aug-07 10:42:59

I've always used a growbag for both my children and its been a godsend. Even in a 2.5tog they don't get that hot, just adjust the amount of clothes.
AB

SexyChick Tue 21-Aug-07 10:46:08

I was thinking of just putting him in a vest then his grobag which is 2.5tog. I am just hoping it won't irritate his skin.

thanks

lapsedrunner Tue 21-Aug-07 10:46:43

Gro bags are fanstatic

lucyellensmum Tue 21-Aug-07 11:02:13

sexy, you could buy a 1 or even 0.5 tog grow bag, they do them on bump2three and if you go through the mnet link there is a 10% discount i think, if it is colder, have the heating on to counteract. My DD loves her bag, have had her in it since she was a little baby and now i think i may have to start making my own, lol. Definately too warm for a 2 tog bag which is what most of them seem to be. But the proper gro bag people do the lighter ones too. I think they are fabaroony

Kathyis6incheshigh Tue 21-Aug-07 11:11:18

Can't you just put him in an extra layer of clothes rather than buy another grobag which (fab as they are) you might only be using for a few weeks?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now