Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

needle stuck in palm of hand

(15 Posts)
tjacksonpfc Tue 21-Aug-07 09:03:51

hi all i know what i done was daft but really need advice please i was sewing last night went out to get a drink and stuck needle in arm of chair when i came back i put hand on arm of chair forgetting about needle and the eye end of the neddle went into my hand so far i could only just get hold of the end with pliers to pull it out as it didnt bleed much i didnt think anythong of it this morning i got up and i cant put any pressher on the hand or move my thumb because of the pain should i go to a&e to get it seen to

Saturn74 Tue 21-Aug-07 09:04:53

I would.
You may need a tetanus jab or some antibiotics.
Hope you're feeling better soon.

Nemo2007 Tue 21-Aug-07 09:05:46

ooo ouch would go and get it checked out maybe even to walk in centre.

nailpolish Tue 21-Aug-07 09:06:14

i would go to A&E
if you cant move your thumb you may have slight nerve damage (but it might just be bruising)

elasticbandstand Tue 21-Aug-07 09:07:38

ooh ow.
have you a minor injuries unit?
might b e quicker than
A & E

tjacksonpfc Tue 21-Aug-07 09:32:08

weve only got odstock hospital near us salisbury general. gp as usual was useless when i called this morning. will wait for dp to get in then see if he will take me

morningpaper Tue 21-Aug-07 09:36:21

<gag>

tjacksonpfc Tue 21-Aug-07 10:02:23

whats the gag at morning?

morningpaper Tue 21-Aug-07 10:03:29

no the <gag> was just me gagging at the OP

poor you

Smithy Tue 21-Aug-07 10:05:44

I'd go to your GP or the Minor Injuries Unit. Sympathies, I once trod on a needle (barf smiley) when I was sewing and had to use a pair of plier to get it out of my foot!

TaLcApOnE Tue 21-Aug-07 10:06:09

nasty.......did similar last year....needle went in eye first[including cotton]...into ball of foot...took dh 3 attempts to pull it out.....foot was very painful, swollen, bruised for about a week....[didin't go to a&e though as tetanus uptodate].....twas very painful you have my sympathies

loopylou6 Tue 21-Aug-07 10:56:56

ooooooo OUCH, u have my sympathys, the hand is such a soft place, a little while ago i stood on one of my sons star wars badges, unfortuantly the badge was needle up and it went right into my heel so the actual badge ended up flat against my heel with the whole needle right inside...LUCKILY i have very bad hard skin on my heels

totaleclipse Tue 21-Aug-07 10:58:17

No advice but can I just say..........OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Saturn74 Tue 21-Aug-07 22:22:59

How are you feeling now, tjacksonpfc?

tjacksonpfc Wed 22-Aug-07 07:06:43

thanks all for replys i went to a&e yesterday and spent the afternoon waiting to be seen i have some slight nerve damage and what they think is bruised tendons and ligaments. so ive got a really sexy wrist splint to wear for 2 weeks then go back so its a bit of a nightmare at mo sorting kids out with 1 hand only.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: