Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding for 6 weeks, I'm really worried.

(5 Posts)
tigerwhocametoT Sat 23-Nov-19 11:29:40

I started taking the mini pill 6 months ago.the first 5month was fine no bleeding nothing. In October I started what I thought was my first period since starting the pill but it went on for 4 weeks. I went to see the Gp who sent me for a scan, that was 2 weeks ago. I've been spotting on and off since then. I been having lower back/abdomen pain in the last two weeks. Last night I had sex and this morning woke up in a lot of pain and bleed heavier then the last 6weeks.

I just received an appointment for the scan which is not until 15 December, it seems like a long time away especially since I've been bleeding and in pain.

I'm really worried that I could have cervical cancer. My last smear test was 2years ago.
What should do? I'm really concerned.

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Sat 23-Nov-19 11:59:37

The mini pill itself can cause erratic periods and breakthrough bleeding. Which one is it?

tigerwhocametoT Sat 23-Nov-19 12:02:22

Cerazette.

PixieDustt Sat 23-Nov-19 12:19:48

I had irregular bleeding not for 6 weeks though.
I've never been on the pill but did have heavy bleeds between periods which like you I thought the worse. I was too young for a smear test so my GP sent me for a colposcopy (stage after you have an abnormal smear test) thankfully and touch a lot of wood everything was okay.
I also got sent for a scan and a blood test as they suspected I could have had PCOS as came back as a possibility on my bloods that's when I got sent for the scan. Luckily again, I don't. They then ruled out thyroid problems.
It turns out they aren't really sure why I bled in between periods.
You're bound to think the worse because I did and got myself into a right state about it but just wanted to let you know there is a lot of other things it can be but of course when you google symptoms etc that's the first thing that pops up. It's such a scary time.

tigerwhocametoT Sat 23-Nov-19 14:37:26

Thank you.

It's just I've never had irregular bleeding before and the two weeks wait for the appointment is killing me. I can't stop thinking what if it's something more serious.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »