Talk

Advanced search

Eye worry

(2 Posts)
AmyyLouise Fri 22-Nov-19 23:41:58

I've been getting blurred vision sometimes and my pupils seem to be slightly different sizes, is this something I should be worried about? I've also been told I have a flat neavus in the back of my eye which I have been referred to an eye hospital for. I've been googling my symptoms (I know I probably shouldn't) and it's come up with brain Aneurysms etc which has made me very anxious thlsad Has anyone else had this?

OP’s posts: |
underneaththeash Sun 24-Nov-19 09:20:44

Did you mention this to the Optometrist at the last eye exam? If not, you need to go back and get them to recheck everything.

Before you do make a note of what times of the day your pupils are different sizes and when you're getting the blurred vision (so is it in the distance or close to and what the light levels are like at the time).

If your eye is not painful or red then the most likely cause is something called Adie's pupil, which usually turns out to have no known cause and isn't dangerous. But, it does need investigating at the hospital. If you're not getting headaches or experiencing any other neurological symptoms, it's unlikely to be brain related.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »