Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

way tmi but I need opinions please...

(4 Posts)
wildwoman Mon 20-Aug-07 17:25:31

I have had a terribly "runny tummy" for about three weeks now, I have been putting it down to the fact that the dose of my citalopram was increased at the same time and that is one of the symptoms. But now, ever the pessimist I am wondering if there is something else wrong. Does anybody have ay ideas?

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 20-Aug-07 17:26:28

It could be a side effect, but it would be worth ringing NHS Direct and asking their advice.

wildwoman Mon 20-Aug-07 17:29:31

I had a look at their website but didn't like what it said. I'm too much of a baby to do anything about it really.

DumbledoresGirl Mon 20-Aug-07 17:33:16

If it coincides with the increasing of your dose of citalopram and it is a known side-effect of the drug then I am sure that is the most likely cause of your trouble.

The best thing to do would be to go back to the doctor and mention this because it is surely not acceptable to carry on like this? Maybe having your meds changed again will give you immediate reassurance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now