Talk

Advanced search

Totally Exhausted!

(3 Posts)
30somethingandtired Tue 19-Nov-19 18:24:53

Just looking for ideas / suggestions /reassurance....

I'm struggling with constant exhaustion. I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant but the exhaustion has been going on for about a year.

I get very tired even without doing very much. I generally sleep ok, but it doesn't make any difference. I get extra sleep when I can but still wake up tired. Recently I've been getting so tired that I have to sit down in the shower. If I do too much I get breathless and dizzy.

I'm already on Ferrous Fumarate (iron) and 5mg of Folic Acid.

Any ideas? Or anyone experienced similar? I think everyone thinks I'm just lazy or exaggerating but I feel totally broken. I need to get back on top of things for the sake of my family.

OP’s posts: |
Aquamarine1029 Tue 19-Nov-19 18:27:13

You need to get your thyroid tested as well as all your levels checked. Vitamins, potassium, magnesium, iron, everything. Standard blood panels do not check for all deficiencies.

30somethingandtired Tue 19-Nov-19 19:32:59

Thanks @Aquamarine1029

They listed thyroid function on the last set of blood tests they requested but they didn't actually give me the results, they just said "no follow up required", so I'm guessing that was normal 🤷‍♀️.

Dreading work for the rest of the week.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »