Talk

Advanced search

How do they scan kidneys ?

(7 Posts)
Comps83 Mon 18-Nov-19 16:44:49

I’ve had a letter through with an appt for a kidney X-ray. Appt is in the week before I’m due to give birth . Do I have to lie on my front? If so I will have to re arrange it

OP’s posts: |
GrandmaSharksDentures Mon 18-Nov-19 16:55:43

X-ray or ultra sound?

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Mon 18-Nov-19 16:56:46

It doesn't sound right that they are x-raying you while pregnant. Are you sure you've got that right? Your title says scan but your thread says x-ray.

CatToddlerUprising Mon 18-Nov-19 16:56:57

I had an ultra sound but within the X-ray department. It may be worth giving them a call to check they are happy to X-ray or scan whilst you’re full term

Comps83 Mon 18-Nov-19 17:01:05

Ah right yeah ultrasound at the X-ray department sorry .

OP’s posts: |
ALemonyPea Mon 18-Nov-19 17:03:50

They will ultrasound from your sides. You'll lie on your back and may need to roll onto either side. It shouldn't hurt.

Mumma1984 Mon 18-Nov-19 17:39:56

I had a kidney ultrasound when I was pregnant - as above you just lie on your back and they get you to roll slightly if they need, I had a kidney op as a kid and they asked me if I'd like them to go in through the back or the front - I chose my back so I didn't have to look at the scar!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »