Advanced search

Regular lumps on my Labia and crotch

(24 Posts)
DontLettuceBrexitLettuceRomain Sun 17-Nov-19 21:55:12

What a fun thread title.

I keep getting these incredibly painful pea sized lumps on top of my labia or inside - both majora and minora.

They hurt like hell. Never burst or anything but often had a red shiny top that scars.

Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
digerd Mon 18-Nov-19 07:08:15

If you are worried that they be cancer, I had a painful lump on the edge of my vulva and GP said it was on the hairy part so is not cancer. Cancerous lumps are always on the non-hairy inner bits I was told.
Actually, I had gently squeezed it and it had exuded some thing before I went to GP's. It did heal and never returned. But as you have several lumps I'd advise you to have them investigated by a Gynae preferably.
good luck.

Egghead68 Mon 18-Nov-19 08:58:24

You could go to a walk in sexual health clinic and get them to take a look.

sunshinekids Mon 18-Nov-19 09:03:01

Is it ingrown hairs from hair removal?

DontLettuceBrexitLettuceRomain Mon 18-Nov-19 12:25:04

I'm not worried about cancer- for unprepared reasons I've been checked for tumour markers and bloods etc many times over the last year. All clear.

Having said that, the lumps occur on the hairless area too. I currently have one that feels like a hard pea on my labia minora. I can feel it from both sides.

Doesn't seem to be related to hair removal no - they don't burst and have a hair that then comes out. They just seem to go down after a few weeks but leave a red shiny mark.

OP’s posts: |
thaaaafuck Mon 18-Nov-19 12:36:21

I have two at the moment, they don't hurt but hve been there for years, I went to the go who said a bartholin cyst 🤷🏻‍♀️ not sure if that helps!

thaaaafuck Mon 18-Nov-19 12:36:36

Gp not go! 😂

LoveAGoodToddlerTantrum Mon 18-Nov-19 12:42:48

I get them too. Have done for the last few years. They never seem to burst and eventually (takes weeks) go away. Not sure whether they are something to worry about but wanted you to know you're not alone!

SheepGoesBaaa Mon 18-Nov-19 12:53:05

I get "spots" down there, usually in the week before my period. Sometimes they present as spots that erupt when squeezed and sometimes they aren't near enough to the surface and they just stay as painful little lumps until they fade away. I get them almost every period and they can be on the outside (most common) or on the inner soft, fleshy part (must less common, probs a couple of times a year)

Wiifitmama Mon 18-Nov-19 13:21:08

I am off to the GP today for exactly this problem. In agony today from one - hurts to sit or move. I have no idea what they are.

I too get lumps that must be hormonal int he week before my period but those don't hurt - they are just there. These are different and hurt like hell!

NewtonPulsifer Tue 19-Nov-19 15:32:08

I also get these. Some burst and others take weeks before they burst or just shrink and go. Doc ages ago told me it was genital acne so haven’t ever been back to get them checked as they all so go eventually.

DontLettuceBrexitLettuceRomain Wed 27-Nov-19 12:35:54


Did you get an answer?

I've another new one today right at the top where my vulva starts. Hurts like a motherfucker to wipe. Right in the middle of my cycle and I've used no new products/materials etc. No idea what's going on.

OP’s posts: |
Wiifitmama Wed 27-Nov-19 12:38:12

For me, they said boils and gave antibiotics. I get other lumps around my cycle time but they are not painful. The painful ones were infected.

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Wed 27-Nov-19 12:45:41

I really would go to the GP if I were you. Different types of tumour have different markers, and some don’t have any at all so just because you’ve had a few investigations in the past year doesn’t mean that you can rule out anything dodgy, unless they were specifically looking at the lumps you’ve been getting. Even if they are benign I would still definitely get them checked out, there could be a simple way to treat or prevent them but you can’t know unless you know what they are.

Magpiefeather Wed 27-Nov-19 12:54:31

Go to the GP! Could be a Bartholin’s cyst as a PP mentioned. I once had one and had to do sitz baths for a week or two and it went away. But go get it checked out. They see these things all the time and they’ll know what it is!

Wheresthebiffer2 Wed 27-Nov-19 15:13:44

is your underwear chafing the area? perhaps try a looser pair.

Littlegoth Wed 27-Nov-19 15:16:38

Bartholin’s gland cyst. 😭

Toofaroutallmylife Wed 27-Nov-19 15:30:56

Another vote for getting it checked. It’s probably nothing but it’s not worth the risk. I used to get lumps that came and went, then a couple came and didn’t go. I put off going to my GP waiting for them to go until they got really painful. Turns out I had a malignant melanoma on my vulva.

Luckily it hadn’t spread so, although I had to have a major operation, my last scans showed I am still all clear at the moment.

I always hesitate to post because I don’t want to freak people out. There are lots of innocent causes but it does no harm to get it checked out!

Bouledeneige Wed 27-Nov-19 17:19:16

Depends if its a regular thing or a recent flare up, or successive flare ups.

If they are red with white centres and very sore it could be herpes. Sorry to just throw that in there. Go to your nearest walk in sexual health clinic.

DontLettuceBrexitLettuceRomain Wed 27-Nov-19 17:46:00

I'd love to go get it checked but it's 4 weeks for a Drs appointment so I have no idea if I'll have one when the time comes!

I think I've ruled our Bartholians Cysts as those are supposed to be by the entrance to the vagina? These are on both sets of labia up and down the full length.

Not herpes, have been tested recently and don't look anything like herpes.

OP’s posts: |
SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Wed 27-Nov-19 19:06:16

In that case I would either try for a same day appointment, go to a sexual health clinic, or make an appointment for four weeks time and take photos/describe the lumps if they’ve cleared up by then. At least that way the GP will know about the problem and if they think it’s something that warrants treatment or a referral then the wheels can be set in motion for that.

moreismore Wed 27-Nov-19 19:11:52

If you still have a walk in GUM clinic near you that’s where I’d go as it’s where GP may well send you anyway. I’m
Not saying it’s an STI but they see most of this sort of stuff.

DontLettuceBrexitLettuceRomain Wed 27-Nov-19 20:09:51

Photos are a great idea - can't believe I didn't think of that blushthanks all, will update you!

OP’s posts: |
DontLettuceBrexitLettuceRomain Wed 27-Nov-19 20:10:26

Not because i think you're particularly interested in my lumpy bits, but in case anyone else finds this thread later with the same issue!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »