Talk

Advanced search

Need light tampon recommendations

(6 Posts)
T00ManyBooks Sun 17-Nov-19 14:23:13

Hi, I’m looking for recommendations for light flow applicator tampons. In the past I used Tampax lites, but they have been discontinued (having said that, I just did a google search and found a tampax lite Pearl/ compak version, but I’m not loving the fact they have plastic applicators).
Moved to Asda own brand light with card applicator but they haven’t had them in stock for ages. Also tried organic tampons from TOTM online, but found that all the tampons I used were leaky and a nightmare to get out of the applicator. I also ended up chucking nearly an entire box away because the applicator tip was splayed outwards instead of being smooth... ouch.
So looking for light applicator tampons, prefer no plastic applicators if possible. Please don’t tell me to use a mooncup cos it’s not happening for me! I’ve got period pants instead of liners and pads, I just still need applicator tampons.
- [ ] Thanks!!

loveyoutothemoon Mon 18-Nov-19 08:34:26

Plastic applicators are so much easier to use.

PurpleDaisies Mon 18-Nov-19 08:37:04

* Plastic applicators are so much easier to use.*

They’re awful for the environment. They should be banned.

T00ManyBooks Mon 18-Nov-19 09:17:13

Yep, I agree they’re easier but I can’t use them in good conscience anymore unless I can absolutely avoid it.

Ginfordinner Mon 18-Nov-19 09:21:30

Can you manage without applicators? I used to use Lillets because I could never get on with appliators. I could never tell if the tampon was in the right place.

hettysdrawers Mon 18-Nov-19 09:27:34

You can still buy them online at Superdrug! I'm in the same boat, can't find them in shops anymore. They are the plastic ones though

https://www.superdrug.com/Tampax/Tampax-Compak-Lite-Applicator-Tampon-Single-18PK/p/567124

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »