Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

"I crack the whip, and you skip" - 10 / 10 Boot Camp

(941 Posts)
FrannyandZooey Mon 20-Aug-07 08:24:30

For anyone who wants a boost to their general health. The suggested goals are:

EAT 10 PORTIONS OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES EVERY DAY - if you don't usually eat much fruit and veg I would build up gradually or you could upset your digestion.

DO (AT LEAST) 10 MINUTES OF EXERCISE EVERY DAY - can be yoga, stretching or something more energetic. The plan is that the idea of doing 10 minutes is not too daunting, and having started you may well find you want to do more.

There are no restrictions on what you eat so long as you get your 10 fruit and veg as well. The focus is not on weight loss but on improving our energy levels and hopefully our general mood and well-being. Sign up below and post here to tell us how you're getting on and how you are feeling.

Basic guidance on what constitutes a portion of fruit and veg here and you can download more detailed information by following the link at the very bottom of the page

FrannyandZooey Mon 20-Aug-07 08:29:42

<dons boots and big moustache>

right you orrible lot we mean business this week

you are all looking a bit pasty and feeble

EVERYONE is going to get their 10 mins exercise today

and if I were you I would start eating fruit and veg like the clappers

come on come on stop hanging about

yes sir franny sir!

2/10 already sir but willprobably have cake taday as birthday SIR!

FrannyandZooey Mon 20-Aug-07 08:34:48

CAKE??? BIRTHDAY??? Did you ask PERMISSION to have a birthday, whompingwillow?

FrannyandZooey Mon 20-Aug-07 08:40:01

The other task for the day is to EMAIL ME if you want to come on the meet up

frannyandzooey at india dot com

I am putting the plans together as we speak

BBBee Mon 20-Aug-07 08:47:06

blimey!

okay having my first and only cup of coffee as we speak then will have some fruit for breakfast. Doing a wartime woolaton pie type thing to have with a roast chicken later on and loads of salad for lunch.

Okay the exercise thing - until now I have done the exercise bit by deluding myslef that walking around the house or too and from school is exercise - will do something dedicated today though.

Am packing for edinburgh at the moment so will not be around for a few days but will stick to the boot camp style 10.10.

BBBee Mon 20-Aug-07 08:47:24

(anyone form here doing the xmas meet up?)

niceglasses Mon 20-Aug-07 08:53:26

Okay, I sign up.

My fruit and veg intake is woeful. Well not too bad on veg but am not a fruit person.

I think my sometimes lowish mood has to do with a too reliant carbs diet. (Not to mention the belly). So, 1 cup of coffee down. Will try a wee bit of friut for brekkie.

Count me in.

BBBee Mon 20-Aug-07 08:55:40

hi nice glasses - are your nice glasses optical accessories or for drinking out of. I have ugly types of both of these.

what supplements does everyone take if any?

MrsC - I have had no emails for ages - I might have a problem with my acount or it could just be that I am deeply unpopular. If you have emailed me let me know but I suspect the latter.

niceglasses Mon 20-Aug-07 08:59:40

Ooo the drinking type, defo. Don't actually wear the optical type (tho not far away I suspect).

Yeah I'd be interested in supplements too. Have been on prozac for a year and am coming off them but would like something to maybe help with mood/pmt?

aviatrix Mon 20-Aug-07 09:00:25

Message withdrawn

FrannyandZooey Mon 20-Aug-07 09:15:40

Oops oooops FAB TITLE BY THE FAB TATTIES (tis a Smiths lyric, I know have to explain for Avi )

now now what's all this going on ere then? Ooh no that is a policeman <adjusts false moustache which is slipping>

I have eaten pear, plums, melon, grapes, raisins. Am drinking juice of half a lemon in water. My mouth looks like a cat's bottom. Actually, my mouth always looks like a cat's bottom. Ruddy years of smoking

This supplement is the business. I know the price is terrifying but it will last you more than a month. If you can possibly afford £30 to invest in your health try it for one month and then see if you think it is worth it. I think it is terribly good.

FrannyandZooey Mon 20-Aug-07 09:16:20

BBB I just emailed you so shout a bit if you don't get it

FrannyandZooey Mon 20-Aug-07 09:16:52

Oh, welcome niceglasses. In a really boot camp roughty toughty kind of way.

lionheart Mon 20-Aug-07 09:18:43

Here.

Ace title.

FrannyandZooey Mon 20-Aug-07 09:19:44

It was Tatties <swoon>

Lionheart are you doing sit ups? If not WHY NOT?

lionheart Mon 20-Aug-07 09:21:27

It would kill me.

EricL Mon 20-Aug-07 09:25:06

10 portions a day? Jeez - that would be a full-time job planning that one.

FrannyandZooey Mon 20-Aug-07 09:27:19

Eric there is no place for vegetable losers here

some of us eat 10 portions before LUNCH

now start skipping or bog off

MrsCarrot Mon 20-Aug-07 10:52:46

<scissor kicks over wire fence and sneaks in to the back of the drill>

Sorry I'm late, got sucked into the 'is it a troll or a scorned wife, are mnetters internet shagging thread'. Bit early on a Monday really.

<tucks in shirt and clicks heels together>

One apple, nectarine, kiwi and some grapes, slices of caraway toast, SIR!

MrsCarrot Mon 20-Aug-07 10:57:49

<scissor kicks over wire fence and sneaks in to the back of the drill>

Sorry I'm late, got sucked into the 'is it a troll or a scorned wife, are mnetters internet shagging thread'. Bit early on a Monday really.

<tucks in shirt and clicks heels together>

One apple, nectarine, kiwi and some grapes, slices of caraway toast, SIR!

MrsCarrot Mon 20-Aug-07 10:58:11

Twice

TooTicky Mon 20-Aug-07 11:23:55

Please Miss, I mean Sir, I have brought you a nice shiny apple <creep>

Have eaten 2 small tomatoes and a handful of mushrooms. Have also done some weeding. What with dd1 being away and ds1 out doing archery this morning, it is strangely quiet here. Well, sort of.

TooTicky Mon 20-Aug-07 11:31:05

MrsC, I saw the BoojaBooja ice cream in a shop and got all excited until I read the ingredients. Dd2 is allergic to cashews so I avoid them altogether now.

Boco Mon 20-Aug-07 12:00:16

Oh dear i'm still feeling a bit weak for bootcamp. DD1 has a friend for the day, and the two of them are leaving dd2 out of their highly complicated game, and the wailing and crying is hurting.

I ate a banana, but there was no enjoyment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now