Talk

Advanced search

Hemerroids

(6 Posts)
Shittyshittybangbang2019 Thu 14-Nov-19 17:10:14

Had a mucus discharge for 3 weeks now which I was examined by doctor for who found internal piles. At the same time, a course of antibiotics caused diarrhoea which exacerbated the piles. Went back to the gp who said it was definitely caused my the abs and it would clear within a few weeks. That has started to calm down now thankfully but the mucus is still present. Other than that the piles aren’t causing me much pain, more of a stinging I can vaguely feel a little way inside.

This has seriously brought on my health anxiety even though I know what it is I can’t stop googling the symptoms. I just feel rotten with constant worrying. On top of all this I’ve started the mini pill, I’m taking probiotics, venlafaxine and now anusol suppositories to try and get these piles under control.

I don’t have any other symptoms, no blood in poo or stomach ache but constantly think the worst.

I don’t even know what I’m asking here just needed to vent confused

OP’s posts: |
Shittyshittybangbang2019 Thu 14-Nov-19 18:13:07

Anyone?

Kahlua4me Thu 14-Nov-19 18:47:29

Health anxiety is crap isn’t it! I have suffered with it since becoming perimenopausal and it drives me mad 😡.

Perhaps go back to your gp to say that although it has calmed down the mucus is still there and what should you do? Tell them what you are taking and ask for advice.

Then remember that the main problem is your anxiety not the piles. I find that deep breathing exercises help me as well as telling dh what I am thinking as even though he is very understanding just telling him out loud makes me realise how daft I sound!

Shittyshittybangbang2019 Thu 14-Nov-19 19:02:27

I am always worst at this time of year. From October until around March I find it so hard to control. I’m going to give myself 2 weeks before I go back to gp because I usually go at any worry and it doesn’t help i would just move onto worrying about something else.

onetwothreemore Thu 14-Nov-19 19:14:17

I had mucus during both my pregnancies and the GP explained my body is trying to prevent further damage to my bowel so it is creating this mucus blobs to help pooping... It did actually help and it cleared up once the piles were gone.

Shittyshittybangbang2019 Thu 14-Nov-19 21:24:56

Thank you that helps a lot knowing someone else has had similar symptoms

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »