Talk

Advanced search

What is wrong with my mouth/face?

(8 Posts)
SupportHuman Wed 13-Nov-19 13:25:24

Over the last week my lips have become progressively more and more flaky and chapped. No lipbalm I try is helping, not even pure lanolin which usually does the trick overnight. My mouth has developed 7 ulcers (some on the inside of my cheeks, some on my tongue). And today and yesterday my whole lower face feels hot.

Other than that I feel fine. I haven't changed my diet/toothpaste etc for years.

I can't get a GP appointment for 2 weeks unless it's urgent, which clearly this isn't! Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
Italia2005 Wed 13-Nov-19 13:29:45

Could be the beginning of Hand foot and Mouth? (In which case quarantine yourself as it is so infectious.)
Otherwise, it might be just that you are really run down - those are first symptoms my daughter experiences when she is physically at a low ebb. Rest, sleep and good nutrition usually heals heals her pretty quickly.

SupportHuman Wed 13-Nov-19 13:32:16

I don't think it's HFM - I've been exposed literally dozens of times (used to work in a playgroup!) and never developed anything like this.

Run down is a distinct possibility. I've been under major stress and not sleeping well for some time. But it was my face starting to feel hot that made me wonder if it was something else beyond that :/

Blondebear123 Wed 13-Nov-19 13:33:51

Go to the dentist not the doctor

Itwontrainallthetime Wed 13-Nov-19 13:49:15

It sounds like you are run down.
I would make an appointment even if it's not urgent as having ulcers in your mouth can cause alot of pain and I feel lousy from just one ulcer.
You may need a few bloods taken to see if you are defficiant in anything.
In the mean time rest and a vitamin supplement may help. And I recommend blistex it's in a metal tube with a red cap on. It's fantastic and the only thing that works almost instantly.

Hope you get better soon .

SupportHuman Wed 13-Nov-19 13:52:42

Dentist? I don't have a dentist. I don't think I've ever been to one. Wouldn't they just laugh me out of the door? There's nothing wrong with my teeth confused

I've tried blistex with the red cap and it didn't help. I get chapped lips every winter but this is a whole new level of awful sad They feel like they're on fire whenever I eat anything too, especially if it's salty.

MrsEricBana Wed 13-Nov-19 13:58:07

Dentists are mouth experts and look at the whole picture, not just your teeth. You need to go to the dentist regularly.

Lottiebugz22 Fri 15-Nov-19 10:21:06

Oh dear it sounds like hand foot and mouth. You can get cream and spray from docs or chemist xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »