Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ds has really bad diarrhoea... and i dont know what to do to make it go away

(6 Posts)
juicychops Sun 19-Aug-07 13:27:33

Hes had it since Thursday afternoon and was being sick up until yesterday morning its literally like water and has been since thursday.

Ive not taken him to the docs yet as if i had taken him friday they would of just said dont give him anything to eat or drink and give him diralite. and now they are shut for weekend.

So i have given him a few diralites and only let him have small amounts of water and a few dry biscuits.

He is fine in himself and is due to go nursery tomorrow and tues as i have work but he's not any better. I really have to go to work as ive just had 2 weeks off with a throat infection i dont want to seem like im taking the piss having more time off. There is no one else to have him

if i send him in, as soon as he's pooed they are going to ring me to pick him up.

any ideas to get him to make a miraculour recovery?

juicychops Sun 19-Aug-07 13:27:46

miraculous!

LilyLoo Sun 19-Aug-07 13:29:19

tbh i would get him a doctors appointment first thing then you can ring work and tell them what the doc says.
It's always the way isn't it when you need to be in work!

Desiderata Sun 19-Aug-07 13:30:10

It's just a waiting game, juicy. My ds had this a couple of weeks ago, and it went on for days.

Just the usual advice, I'm afraid. Plenty of water, and don't push food on him. He'll eat if he's hungry.

He'll be fighting fit again before you know it ... but it's gruelling time, ain't it?

PrettyCandles Sun 19-Aug-07 13:31:44

I don't think there is a miracle cure, sorry. You have to wait 24h after the last d or v before he can go to any childcare, I think. No way out. Besides, if he has still got severe diarrhoea it means that his gut has not yet expelled all the toxins that made him ill. Stopping him up would just keep the toxins in and make him ill for longer. As for food, remember BRAT - bananas, rice, appples, toast.

juicychops Sun 19-Aug-07 13:49:38

looks live il have to have another day off work then. i was meant to be leaving work early on tuesday too to spend some time with my dp alone while ds was at nursery. Its so unfair!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now