Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any tips on teething? Poor DS really miserable about molars...

(12 Posts)
bohemianbint Sun 19-Aug-07 06:44:15

Hi,

My poor son - he turned 1 last week and now all of his teeth are coming through at once. His nose is all runny, (as is his bottom!) he's got nappy rash and is generally really suffering!

I'm giving him nelson's powders which are great, to a point, and the odd dose of calpol, but is there anything else I can give him? Or anything good to chew that might help?

Cheers for any advice!

Nightynight Sun 19-Aug-07 08:13:52

bump - cant really help, as none of mine went through this, but hope it passes quickly.

bohemianbint Sun 19-Aug-07 09:19:18

Cheers Nightynight! It's really awful, he had no teeth until nearly 9 months, now it seems like they come in groups of about 7! Spose it gets it all over with at once, but still...

bohemianbint Sun 19-Aug-07 12:05:25

bump! Anyone?

bohemianbint Mon 20-Aug-07 12:11:42

really no one?

WigWamBam Mon 20-Aug-07 12:14:09

Teething is horribly painful, so I would make it more than the odd dose of calpol. You can alternate calpol with ibuprofen so that he gets plenty of pain relief.

Dd used to like ice-cold carrots to chomp on when she was teething - I used to keep them in iced water in the fridge.

morningpaper Mon 20-Aug-07 12:15:57

It's difficult, I am going through this with my 20 month old (final back ones)

She is MOANING and awful all day which is hard when I have the 4 year old too

At the mo I am using lots of The Dummy () and Calpol and cuddles (although she is generally squirmy and Awful)

Not much you can do, just try not to let them drive you crazy and try to remain sympathetic

bohemianbint Mon 20-Aug-07 12:16:04

Thanks Wigwam! Yeah, perhaps I've been being a bit over cautious on the calpol front...Will try carrots too.

I can now see his molars and they're about to come through I think. Hopefully it can't last much longer!

bohemianbint Mon 20-Aug-07 12:17:10

Ta Morningpaper - DS exactly the same, wants cuddles but squirms when he gets them. Roll on a full mouthful of teeth I say...

RubySlippers Mon 20-Aug-07 12:19:43

frozen facecloth to chew on

i think anbesol is the best topical trreatment - much better than bonjela

bohemianbint Mon 20-Aug-07 14:09:27

Frozen facecloth?! That sounds like genius!

RubySlippers Mon 20-Aug-07 15:29:07

it is!
it is hard and cold so they can really gnaw on it

hours of fun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now