Talk

Advanced search

Anxiety

(2 Posts)
Flatwhite32 Sat 09-Nov-19 21:12:44

@Shinyshoe73 I'm currently having sleep issues. I wasn't sure if it was anxiety causing sleep issues, or the other way round. I'm pretty sure now it's poor sleep causing anxiety, as on the (rare!) nights I do sleep well, I have no anxiety whatsoever the next day. Mind is getting a bit better if I make sure I'm in bed by 9.30. It means I barely spend time with DH though. Whose sleep are you anxious about? Is it your own, or your child's?

Shinyshoe73 Sat 09-Nov-19 15:47:33

Today 15:27 Shinyshoe73

After having my first son four years ago I suffered badly with post natal anxiety - I got so worked up about sleep that I stopped sleeping which started a vicious cycle on no sleep and anxiety. I was put on fluoxetine which really helped. I came Off fluoxetine and then had the same anxiety problem eight months later. This time I was put on sertraline which again eventually helped alongside CBT.

I came off the sertraline in February and had been fine until a couple of weeks ago when the worry about sleep started to creep in which led to another bout of severe anxiety. I’ve been back and forth to the doctors. I started off on Mirtazapine but it made me extremely low in mood and I also wanted something unlinked to sleep as I know that I have no problem sleeping, it’s the anxiety and worrying about it that causes the issue! I’m now on fluoxetine (day 2) bit gave convinced myself that I’m a lost cause and will never be able to stop this horrible horrible anxiety and dread over bedtime which is making me miserable. I’ve convinced myself that I have untreatable anxiety and that I’ll never be able to look forward to anything or be happy again. Has anyone else felt the same?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in