Talk

Advanced search

Weird side-effect of naproxen or omeprazole

(3 Posts)
Jux Thu 07-Nov-19 13:06:16

I did something horrid to my lower back on Monday, couldn't stand, groans wrested from me with every movement. Yesterday started taking the two drugs above. Within a few hours my scalp was tingling and felt like something was crawling.over my head. My face and hands started itching really badly - I have actual scratch marks on my jaw!

I took one naproxen this morning and it all started up again, so rang the surgery who said stop taking it, so I have.

I am curious about it thougb. I had the same reaction to Zydol years ago but half my trunk went numb too - they thought I'd had an ms attack at first.

Are these two drugs related, Zydol and naproxen?
Is it a 'normal' abreaction?

theboxfamilytree Fri 08-Nov-19 22:23:30

Is zydol tramadol? Because naproxen is an NSAID but tramadol is a synthetic opioid and known to cause worrying side effects for people. I think it can be quite unpredictable so lots of doctors seem to have moved away from prescribing it.

Google will probably tell you the reported incidence rate for the side effects you had. I could not tolerate naproxen either and wouldn't take it again but didn't experience anything like what you did!

Jux Fri 08-Nov-19 22:29:41

Thank you; I don't know if tramadol and zydol are the same, or even related. I try to avoid googling anything medical! If I don't get any more responses, I will though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »