Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone round? i need advice

(22 Posts)
loopylou6 Fri 17-Aug-07 22:48:48

dd age 3 is complaining that her vagina is sore, she was fine before bed, no complaints at all, then all of a sudden she was crying saying it hurt (she had been playing in her room as she always does before she climbs into bed)i put some sudocrem on then she went to sleep, she woke up an hour later which is unusual for her crying and saying it hurts, again i put cream on had a quick look everything looked fine, shes just woke up again so this time i brought her downstairs and had a good look <cringe emoticon> everything looks fine although the entrance looks a little red, i looked the best i could to make sure she hadnt put something up there and it doesnt appear that she has but thats deffo the part that is hurting her so ive put vaseline on the area, she seems fine in herself and she is weeing ok. what do i dooooooo?

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Fri 17-Aug-07 22:51:37

I was about to suggest she may have an UTI until you mentioned she is weeing OK.

No idea what else it can be or what you can do, but didn't want to leave your thread unanswered.

loopylou6 Fri 17-Aug-07 22:53:01

thanks isabel, i appreciate it

SlightlyMadSpider Fri 17-Aug-07 22:53:21

DTDs seemed to have this intermittently - "my front bum hurts".

Sometimes it would look red - I would tell there was nothing I could do and a day or 2 later it would be better.

Other times it wouldn't necesarily lok red - but it was aways at night. We have since found out that they an't eat fresh citus fruit as it makes their night urine to acidic and stings.

notnowbernard Fri 17-Aug-07 22:54:22

Was she able to say how it hurt? (Maybe too young)... i.e sore, itchy etc. Does she tend to 'fiddle' around usually?

Magicmayhem Fri 17-Aug-07 22:54:27

how was she during the day? does she complain of an itchy bottom.. just wondered if it could be worms making her itch and then sore? You could try sitting her in a warm bath.. good luck...

loopylou6 Fri 17-Aug-07 22:56:12

yes notnow she fiddles ALOT

loopylou6 Fri 17-Aug-07 22:57:07

MAGIC SHE WAS FINE ALL DAY, THIS STARTED WHEN SHE WAS IN BED, THATS WHY IM WORRIED INCASE SHE HAS PUT SOMETHING IN THERE, I HAVE LOOKED THE BESTIC AN WITHOUT VIOLATED HER AND I CANT SEE ANYTHING, WOULD IT BE NOTICABLE IF SHE HAD?

loopylou6 Fri 17-Aug-07 22:57:28

oops, soz, forgot to take caps off

twoisplenty Fri 17-Aug-07 22:58:13

Hi loopy - my dd is also 3yo, and she also sometimes complains of things not being quite right there. Unfortunately I don't have good advice, except maybe calpol. Once I reassure my dd, she seems ok and the next day, she's fine again. It may remain a mystery I'm afraid. I suppose she may have bruised herself if she knocked the area?

Not sure this has helped, just thought you might be (slightly) reassured that it happens to another 3 year old!

PrettyCandles Fri 17-Aug-07 22:58:15

When my dd had something similar and it turned out to be threadworms. Although they live in the anus they can visit the vagina and cause 'vaginitis' ie an irritated vagina. To check for threadworms check your dd's bottom by torchlight while she sleeps. The worms come out at night to lay eggs around the anus. You have to be quick when you check because they flee back inside when disturbed. If it is threadworms your whole family will have to be treated at the same time.

PrettyCandles Fri 17-Aug-07 22:59:23

BTW I didn't think it was worms because she didn't complain of an itchy bottom.

loopylou6 Fri 17-Aug-07 23:00:55

after she had played in her room for a bit she shouted us up becasue she ahd pooed, (shes just turned 3 and still wearsa nappy at night) dh changed her and maybe some poo made contact and stung it? or am i grasping at straws

notnowbernard Fri 17-Aug-07 23:01:06

Maybe she's just caused herself a bit of irritation?

loopylou6 Fri 17-Aug-07 23:01:22

thank you pretty, will get my torch out

loopylou6 Fri 17-Aug-07 23:02:00

i hope thats all it is notnow, i sooo paranoid shes stuck something in there

taffy101 Fri 17-Aug-07 23:03:39

My initial thought is that she may have just been playing and maybe just dirty fingers making it hurt. my dd once put suncream there and she was howling in pain - a warm bath may sort her out or at least soothe it.

loopylou6 Fri 17-Aug-07 23:04:51

ooooo taffy i can bet that hurt, poor lil thing lol, bet it was some time before she went near suncream again lol

taffy101 Fri 17-Aug-07 23:06:10

i may add she put suncream all over a dining chair and the tv at the same time!

notnowbernard Fri 17-Aug-07 23:07:02

My dd1 (3.8) has sometimes said the same thing, and she's not a fiddler. And hasn't had worms before. So I think it's just something that happens to little girls from time to time? Nothing to worry about, I shouldn't think.

If she complains consistently, take her to the Docs maybe.

loopylou6 Fri 17-Aug-07 23:10:35

yes notnow i will see how she is with it tomoz it shes still complaining i will take her to the docs, i cant thank u all enough for ur help and for being there. xx all hail mumsnet lol

loopylou6 Sat 18-Aug-07 09:46:33

just thought id update evryone that helped me last night, she has informed me this morning that her "woowoo" is better now thanks again u lot. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now