Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

i have a coldsore and i get married next saturday

(9 Posts)
starshaker Fri 17-Aug-07 20:48:21

what can i do.

KerryMumbledore Fri 17-Aug-07 20:50:29

Go to GP, ask for acyclovir rx. Also put zovirax on it. Also take megadoses of L-Lysine (an amino acid readily available at most chemists and health food stores).

Worse comes to worse you can get some of that clear tape they have to put over cold sores and apply lippy over it.

charliecat Fri 17-Aug-07 20:52:03

you get these plastr things from the pharmacy, they go over it..invisible and REALLY WORK...first thing tonmmorow go get em.

KerryMumbledore Fri 17-Aug-07 20:54:29

Yes, that's the stuff I was talking about.

MaureenMLove Fri 17-Aug-07 20:55:37

Start taking L-Lysine asap. They are herbal tablets from Holland & Barretts. They're like horse tablets, but now is not the time to worry is it! My dd has just started taking them, when she gets a coldsore and they really do seem to shorten the life.
Impossible situation really, since its probably brought on by stress. No point in saying don't stress eh?

mckenzie Fri 17-Aug-07 20:58:59

I second the L-Lysine tablets. You've got 7 full days to get rid of it - no problem at all. and even when it's gone keep taking the tablets until after the big day just to keep any others at bay.

MyMILisDoloresUmbridge Fri 17-Aug-07 21:02:46

Everything Kerry said.

Bluestocking Fri 17-Aug-07 21:04:55

Zovirax works like a charm for me. Good luck!

gengis Fri 17-Aug-07 23:08:51

ICE...now! Can't remember who told me to do this but it works if the coldsore hasn't broken out. Hold a cube in kitchen paper or something (so you don't become attached ) for as long as you can stand it. Oh and do everything else the others say! Good luck, you won't give a monkey's once you're up the aisle..and best wishes..XXXX

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now