Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump on baby's back

(3 Posts)
mumofhelen Fri 17-Aug-07 17:51:40

My ds (24 weeks) has a lump on his back. I noticed it about 2 months ago, but thought little of it. He's growing well, feeding well. No other problems. The lump is now getting more noticeable - especially when he sits up as he can sit up unaided. It's between the Thorasic and Lumbar vertebrae. Any ideas? I have booked an appointment with our GP but would like to be forwarned of the possibilities....

loopylou6 Sat 18-Aug-07 09:49:45

im sorry helen i have no idea, but thought i would bump this for u in the hope of someone more knowledgable seeing it

mumofhelen Sat 18-Aug-07 15:20:53

It's difficult to explain. The right hand side of his back is firmer than his left hand side. There's the backbone and then instead of a depression on the side (as on his left hand side), there's a sort of mound. You can't feel anything when he's lying down - it's only when he's sitting up or being held. His right hand side of his back feels more rigid then his left hand side. Very strange.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now