Talk

Advanced search

Varicose vein laser surgery

(10 Posts)
Costacoffeeplease Sun 03-Nov-19 17:39:48

I’m due to have laser surgery on my varicose veins on Tuesday (both legs) does anyone have any advice or experience?

OP’s posts: |
Costacoffeeplease Mon 04-Nov-19 12:19:32

Bump

Pootles34 Mon 04-Nov-19 12:23:22

Oh I had this - at least 10 years ago though so may have changed.

It was fine - uncomfortable definitely, but ok. I could have been back at work the next day easily. The most uncomfortable bit I found was the pressure stocking actually!

Costacoffeeplease Mon 04-Nov-19 12:25:16

Thanks. That’s the bit I’m really not looking forward too. I have a spinal fusion so can’t bend and I’m not sure how I’m going to get them on!

Pootles34 Mon 04-Nov-19 16:23:13

There is a thing you can use, ink{https://www.amazon.co.uk/Compression-Stocking-Frame-Dressing-Help/dp/B005NHRNL?tag=mumsnetforu03-21O\www.amazon.co.uk/Compression-Stocking-Frame-Dressing-Help/dp/B005NHRNL?tag=mumsnetforu03-21]]O}, which will help - not glamorous but none of this is!

Pootles34 Mon 04-Nov-19 16:24:19

Oh that worked well eh? Anyway a quick google shows there's a few things you can buy, to help you get them on.

Costacoffeeplease Mon 04-Nov-19 17:38:55

Oh great, thanks

Costacoffeeplease Sun 10-Nov-19 11:37:01

Well surgery was on Tuesday, home Wednesday, and so far it’s been ok. Haven’t needed any painkillers since Friday and we’re just about managing the stockings with a frame so all good so far, thanks

Orangeblossom78 Fri 15-Nov-19 17:02:10

I had this three years ago and it was life changing. Hope it helps you too.

Costacoffeeplease Sat 16-Nov-19 17:07:13

I’m now 10 days post op and haven’t had to take any painkillers for a week. Had the stitches out on Wednesday and the surgeon is very pleased with the results. Still going with the stockings, although next weekend will be a challenge as my husband is away for a few days, but the surgeon just said to do what I can. The bruising is going yellow, so that should be gone soon. I’m just glad it’s all over and looking forward to being able to wear shorter skirts and dresses next summer!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »