Talk

Advanced search

Differin acne cream

(7 Posts)
Aspenn17 Sat 02-Nov-19 22:25:54

Hi, I’ve been prescribed Differin cream by my GP for my spots. They are big and painful but only on my chin. I’ve been using the cream nightly as directed for 4 weeks now and I’m not noticing any improvement. Has anyone else here used it before and how long did it take to work?? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Katharinblum Sun 03-Nov-19 13:36:57

Son aged 16 used it and worked in prob 2 weeks or so Less redness. Should have taken antibiotics with it too but didn’t taken them because he couldn’t swallow them confused.

Witchofzog Sun 03-Nov-19 13:45:08

I used to use it and it did wonders for my skin. So much that I don't need anything now. I can't remember how long it took though sorry

Claireshh Sun 03-Nov-19 22:14:59

I’m a big fan of Differin gel. Around the three week mark my Amazon got worse and then starred to massively improve.

Claireshh Sun 03-Nov-19 22:15:19

Amazon?

Skin

Aspenn17 Tue 05-Nov-19 11:24:03

Very glad to hear that @Witchofzog. And thanks everyone else for your replies. I’ll keep going with it then. I’m on week 4 now, I would say by week 2 my skin was much clearer but now it’s bad again. I’ve read that there can be a ‘purge’ stage where it’s bringing out all the impurities then it starts to clear but waiting so long is getting me down. I thought it would have started working by now sad

OP’s posts: |
Claireshh Tue 05-Nov-19 21:52:26

Yes, I think the flare up is normal. I’m sure you will start seeing a difference soon. I cleanse my face when home for the evening. Once my face is completely dry I put the Differin on. I put moisturiser on top when going to bed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »