Talk

Advanced search

I think I have a perianal abscess...

(7 Posts)
Thisissoembarrasing Sat 02-Nov-19 08:55:29

I've name changed for this one...

As the title says, I think I have a perianal abscess. I have a small, hard lump on the skin between the entrance to my vagina and my anus. It's not super painful but tender to the touch. I noticed it late yesterday and there has been no improvement overnight.

I'm ten weeks pregnant, so I don't want to take any risks. I've been using progesterone pessaries for a month which have made me horribly constipated and I also have hemmoroids. This lump is definitely not a hemmoroid.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there anything I can do at home to help it? Or should I just brave the walk-in centre this afternoon?

OP’s posts: |
Wilmalovescake Sat 02-Nov-19 09:03:11

Could it be a Bartholin’s cyst?

EleanorReally Sat 02-Nov-19 09:05:27

i wouldnt hang around op, get it seen to

Thisissoembarrasing Sat 02-Nov-19 09:06:21

I considered that but I think it's a bit too low down. It's definitely apart from the vaginal entrance but not as far down as the anus, of that makes sense.

Stillwatchingfriends Sat 02-Nov-19 09:09:00

Definitely go to the walk in centre. It might need antibiotics and the earlier you start taking them the better as it reduces the chances of having to have it surgically drained!

Thisissoembarrasing Sat 02-Nov-19 09:21:14

Thanks everyone. My local walk-in centre doesn't open until noon so I'm on hold with 111 now.

Funnyface1 Sat 02-Nov-19 13:12:05

How are you getting on?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »